Feeds 4-5 people- 2 pounds of shell on deveined shrimp
- Flour tortillas
- Uncle Dell's Cocktail Mambo Sauce
Fennel Basil Slaw
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 ½ cups of basil
- Lemon juice
½ tsp of Tabasco
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Set the rack to the middle position and turn the oven to broil high.
- Peel the shrimp and put them on a rack in a pan lined with foil.
- Pat them dry and season with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Apply a nice coating of Uncle Dell’s Cocktail Mambo Sauce to the shrimp and put them in the oven for about 7-8 minutes. Flip them and put another layer of sauce every 1 minute. On the last coating, season with a pinch of kosher salt.
Fennel basil Slaw
Cut the fennel stalks off and save a ½ cup of the fronds.
Cut the rest of the fennel bulb into thin strips with a mandolin or chef knife.
Add the fennel, the fennel fronds, basil, lemon juice, Tabasco, and garlic powder to a large bowl and mix together.
Toast the tortillas in a pan on med-high with a little bit of olive oil or butter for 30-45 seconds on both sides.
Build the shrimp taco with the tortilla at the bottom, more Uncle Dell’s Cocktail Mambo Sauce, lettuce, fennel basil slaw, diced tomatoes, shrimp, and top it all with a little bit of parsley and cilantro.
Leave a comment